Share this Image On Your Site
1. Dogs walk in circles before lying down as their ancestors use to shape tall grass into a bed, also scaring off unwelcome bedfellows in the process.
2. Dogs like to lick their humans just to say ‘I love you’ or to get a taste of their salty skin…mainly love though.
3. A dog’s sense of smell is over 10,000 times better than the average human.
4. Dogs can be left pawed, observe your pooch to see which is their dominant paw.
5. A dog can tell another dog’s gender, diet, and mood, when they sniff another’s bum, due to the secretions released by glands in the rump.
6. Dogs can hear sounds up to four times further away than humans…hearing definitely is no excuse for poor recall.
7. The average dog can learn over a 1000 words.
8. Dogs can see in the dark.
9. Don’t fool for those puppy dog eyes, studies show dogs don’t feel guilty.
10. Dogs have fewer taste buds than humans with just 1,700 taste buds compared to a human’s 9000.
How many did you know? We definitely learnt a thing or two about our furry friends!